Local Market Snapshot
Hamilton County Single Family Homes, Updated 3.21.23
|30 Days Ago||Current, March 21|
|Active Homes for Sale||492||499|
|Homes Under Contract||708||655|
|Sold in Last 30 Days||333||440|
|Sold in Last 6 Months||2359||2333|
|Median Sales Price||$350,000||$350,000|
|Speed of Sale (Days on Market)||27 Days||31 Days|
|Sales Price was ___% of Original List Price||96.05%||95.99%|
|Months of Inventory*||1.3 Months||1.3 Months|
*For perspective, the National Association of Realtors notes a “balanced market” is 6 months of inventory.
Greater Chattanooga Market Data, Year to Date
Year to Date, All Greater Chatt Counties, Single Family Homes, Updated 3.21.23
|YEAR||NEW LISTINGS||UNDER CONTRACT||SOLD HOMES|
Source: Greater Chatt MLS
Regional Data and Statistics
- 2022 (YTD) home sales in Greater Chattanooga rank 2nd highest in local history. Just 5% below the all-time high in 2021. (GCAR, 10.2022)
- From 2020 to 2021, Chattanooga area home sales increased by 9.9% in one year, the highest increase in the last 5 years. (Greater Chattanooga Association of Realtors annual report)
- While Chattanooga’s median home price of $355,000 is at an all-time high, it is 15% below the national median home price of $410,000. (GCAR, 7.2022)
- In 2022, the typical home in Chattanooga (Hamilton Co.) is selling in 14 days, compared with 22 days in 2021, and 129 days a decade ago. (GCAR, 9.2022)
- The average contract rate on a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage increased to 6% in September 2022, up from 3% in January 2022. (CNBC, 9.2022)
- Inventory of homes for sale in the greater Chattanooga area as of Jan. 1, 2022, is down 36.2% from Jan.1, 2021. And down 62.8% from 2019. (GCAR)
- Chattanooga is the #1 city in Tennessee for highest inflow of new residents, followed by Johnson City, Knoxville and Nashville (tied), and Brentwood. (Tennessee Migration Report, moveBuddha.com, 7. 22.2022)
- In 2022, Tennessee placed 6th in U-Haul’s top 50 states’ growth analysis. (U-Haul Story 1.3.2023)
- In 2021, Tennessee placed 3rd in U-Haul’s top 50 states’ growth analysis. (U-Haul Story 1.2.2022)
- For every 100 people moving out of Chattanooga, 306 move in. (Tennessee Migration Report, moveBuddha.com, 7. 22. 2022)
- Tennessee has no state income tax, one of 9 states in the U.S. with this distinction
- Tennessee has the 2nd lowest tax burden of all U.S. states. (Forbes, 7.7.2022)
- Prices for goods, services and housing costs in Tennessee were 9% below the U.S. average in 2021. (10th lowest in the country.)
- Chattanooga ranks #10 in the country for job growth. The fastest growing industries are Education and Health Services, according to 24/7 Wall St. (24/7 Wall St., 2.2021)
- PC Magazine named Chattanooga as the best city in America for remote work based upon its internet service and cost of living. (Chattanooga Times Free Press, 2.23.21)
Our Team. Your Resource.
In this unprecedented climate, we are here to help you analyze, navigate, and maximize the current market. It will be our privilege to utilize our 20+ years of experience in Tri-state real estate to assist you in reaching your goals.
We are available to you at any time at info@ToddHenon.com or by phone (423) 413-4507.
Honored to be your real estate resource.
Broker-Agent: TN, GA, AL
Top 1% Greater Chattanooga Realtors
Chattanooga’s First Accredited Land Consultant
3 Decades Serving in Tri-State Real Estate
How Can We Serve You? Contact Our Team
Redefining excellence and professionalism in real estate services.